Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cupcakes & Pastries - Delish!

 I was so excited when my Cupcakes & Pastries order arrived, it looks even more beautiful in real life than it did on the screen!

I'm also very glad I got in before the AUS$ dropped!

A little about Cupcakes & Pastries first. It comes from L.A. in the USA so has a similar climate to much of Australia, the material is light for those warm days but still holds its vibrant colours. Cupcakes & Pastries was developed back in 2009 by a mother who wanted some fun dresses for afternoons of mother-daughter tea parties eating Cupcakes and Pastries which is how it all came about. The big advantage for us in Australia is that with the opposite seasons you can grab some bargains as they clear out their Summer stock.

Let me tell you a little about the items I bought.

Pictured above is one of the 'Mint' dresses. Multi-colored cotton print with crochet lace at neckline in contrast colors and tulle cap sleeves with Lurex stripes in base. The main colour features are Grey/Aqua. RRP is $58.00 but is now reduced to $44.00

Below is my favourite, I was drawn to the bright colours and design from when I first found Cupcakes & Pastries. It is one of the 'Pinnapple Cream' tops in the yellow. The Lurex base under the crochet makes it stand out from any other top. RRP is $42.00 but now on sale for $29.00.
 And finally, my favourite dress. I would've loved to have gotten this in all of the colours! I got this one in a size 5 so J can wear it next Summer aswell or with tights in the cooler months. This is from the 'Cherry' range of dresses in the purple with the turquoise lace over the top, my sister got the pink and it is beautiful aswell! It is lined so it gives the skirt more shape and the lace Lurex over the top makes it a little more special. RRP is $84.00 but now on sale for $58.00.

I also have the Sweet Face in the White/Pink Batik which is gorgeous and a great price and my sister got some of the Shortcake shorts which are very sweet and would go well with all the tops.

Use the Contact Us link to enquire about postage to Australia or if you'd be interested in becoming a stockist.

No comments: