Saturday, September 10, 2011

Skechers Shape Ups


Yay for comfy shoes, even more yay when they help you shape up!

I'm not one of those lucky people that after having a baby and breastfeeding that the weight just falls off (could be something to do with all the chocolate) so I've been looking for something else to help me on the journey to get back to pre-pregnancy weight.

I've seen the different shoes around for a while and had always wondered how they would feel, if they worked and if the price was worth it. First came the MBTs with their HUGE price tag, no chance! I saw some cheaper versions at target/Kmart/BigW but they all felt really uncomfortable on my feet and looked really bad. Finally it was Skechers that won me over.
Don't mind the dodgy photography as my 4 year old took this picture when we were at the zoo.

Skechers make a huge range of styles in their Shape-ups, SRR, SRT and Tone-up shoes so there would be something for any taste. I have the Liv-Smart Black/Hot Pink pair and think they are very cool! I think I'm going to change the laces to the hot pink pair that came with them.

 The rocker sole simulates walking on wet sand, the perfect conditions for firming, toning and strengthening it is claimed so I've been wearing them every day since I got them including the trip to the zoo, heading to the shops and everywhere in between. They are so comfortable they just feel like a great pair of sneakers and I don't feel any pain or difficulties during or after wearing them. The Liv range doesn't look as bulky or as obvious as a curved base as a lot I have seen.

RRP is $129.95 but I regularly see them on special around the shops.

I'll be sure to keep you update over the Summer if they actually do shape me up (will try and lay off the chocolate to help it along) or even if they just lift a few bits I'd be happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I'm juse wondering if you have an email address I could contact you on? I'm the Online Marketing Coordinator for Skechers in Asutralia and would love to send you a little something to say thank you for the blog love for Skechers!