Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Kids nailpolish

With 3 girls I'm sure I have years ahead of them 'borrowing' my makeup but much nicer when it's non toxic and easy to wash off when I let them do mine.

We have 2 brands that I've bought, pictured above is Piggy Paint and also Hopscotch Kids.

Piggy Paint is as 'natural as mud', non-toxic, odourless & kid friendly. It's water based but dries quite quickly, try using a hairdryer to speed up the process for little ones that can't help but touch.

I picked mine up from Little Posh in Perth but online try Infant Boutique or Sharp Kids ($12.95). We have the 'Girls Rule' colour but I love 'Icecream Dream' and 'Dandelion Dance'.

Hopscotch Kids is pretty much the same, non-toxic, water based & odourless.

They say
"Our polishes are eco-friendly, hypoallergenic, fragrance free and biodegradable. It is our revolutionary technology that provides a high gloss, salon quality finish that dries to the touch in three minutes. There is no need for a basecoat or topcoat, saving you time and money, and our polishes have a longer shelf life than other water based products. In addition to our polishes, we have created our very own non-toxic conditioning remover that easily removes our polish without stripping or drying."

I totally love the colours & the names, we have 'Bubblegum, Bubblegum, in a Dish' (bright pink), I also love 'Three sailors went to sea, sea, sea' and 'Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Moe'. These generally are a bit pricier at $17.95 but have a larger range of colours and I think can be lighter when applied (good for little ones to try doing themselves) or darker with a second coat.

You can also find Hopscotch Kids at a wider range of online stores including A Little Bit of Cheek ($17.95), Little Styles ($19.95) or The Hip Infant ($19.95).

Both brands also make their own nail polish remover & can be bought in giftpacks.

My girls would have their fingers & toes painted every day if I let them! J did mine in the picture above and it came off the rest of my finger (and elbow!) easily when I washed my hands.

Would be a great gift idea instead of a lollybag at a girls birthday pamper party.

No comments: